Saturday, October 1, 2011

What we are all about

I have been a teacher now for over 7 years. I have worked with 7th graders and 4th graders with every subject and many times integrating subjects. I have always used movie clips to catch attention or introduce a topic of interest. In the age of multimedia, movies are a valuable tool to reach our kids. Today's kids are bombarded with media all the time; whether it be the internet or t.v., media works....so why not use it in your lessons to get their attention as well and make those connections that can lead to learning. Here I will go through units from my curriculum with movie clips that could be helpful. If anyone has any they would like to share, please feel free. Teachers are very good at sharing and helping each other out and hopefully this blog will meet that need and serve as an open forum for teachers to communicate about what works. Welcome to Teacher Clips! I hope that you find some valuable resources to use with your lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment